UKATA Asbestos Awareness Course
This is a mandatory training requirement under Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations for all those who are exposed or liable to be exposed to Asbestos content material – such as: Carpenters, Heating and Ventilation Plumbers, Engineers, Maintenance Workers, Cable Installers (Phone, Computer, Alarms), Shop Fitters, Demolition, Operatives, Construction Workers, Painters and Decorators, Architects and Surveyors.
Delegates who complete this training will:
- Gain a clearer understanding of the potential ill health effect of exposure to asbestos;
- Be better able to identify areas where asbestos could be found
- Understand the action to take upon discovery;
- Have a greater awareness of the main types of asbestos likely to be found within their workplace;
- Have a greater awareness of many of the products within which asbestos was originally included.
Course Contents Include:
- History, Types and Properties of Asbestos
- Possible Effects on Health
- Overview of Relevant Legislation including the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
- Locations/Identification of possible Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- Working Operations
- Asbestos Surveys
- Procedures Upon Discovery
Course Duration / Certification:
The duration of the course is 1/2 (half) a day and is certificated by UKATA, upon successful completion of the course Delegates will receive a PDF certificate valid for 1 year. Please note there is a mandatory requirement for annual refresher training.
Cost: £125.00 per Delegate, plus VAT