Equal Opportunities Policy
At JNC Safety Services Limited we are committed to providing a working environment in which everyone feels valued and respected and is able to pursue a rewarding career whilst contributing to the success of our business. We believe there are benefits in having a diverse workforce and aim to ensure that everyone can enjoy equal opportunities in an environment, which is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
This policy follows directly from our Corporate Values:
· ‘Integrity in All We Do’
· ‘Value People’
· ‘Deal Fairly’
and should be seen as a visible sign of our commitment to those values by customers, staff and shareholders.
Aims of this policy
We aim to provide equal opportunities for all without discrimination on the grounds of:
· Race, ethnic origin, skin colour or nationality
· Religious or political beliefs and affiliations
· Sex or sexual orientation
· Marital status
· Membership or non-membership of a trade union
We aim to ensure that no-one in our business, or seeking employment with us, receives less favourable treatment on the above grounds or is disadvantaged by requirements or conditions which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We respect the dignity of individuals and their beliefs. We do not tolerate any racial, sexual, physical, mental harassment or bullying in the workplace, or at functions connected with the workplace.
We accept anyone’s right to join a trade union or staff association and we will consult and negotiate with any such body that is formally recognised.
Everyone has a strict obligation to:
· Respect and act in accordance with this policy
· Treat fellow staff members with respect and dignity
· Ensure that their own behaviour does not cause offence or distress
· Report any incident or behaviour which contravenes this policy and not indirectly support unfair treatment by ignoring what is happening around them
Clear procedures exist which give a number of choices for pursuing complaints, both formally and informally.
In addition, those who manage staff are responsible for:
· Ensuring that the policy is fairly and consistently applied in all areas under their control
· Eliminating any unfair practices of which they are aware, whether or not a complaint has been made
· Promoting an environment in which people feel comfortable in reporting incidents which are causing them concern
· Reacting quickly to complaints, investigating them objectively and thoroughly and taking any required action promptly
· Advising HR as soon as a formal complaint has been made
Any behaviour, which contravenes this policy, will be viewed very seriously and may result in disciplinary action, including dismissal in appropriate cases.
We believe that this policy will help to create a happy workplace for everyone which in turn will help to maximise the effectiveness of our business for the benefit of our customers and shareholders.